New post code - A91 XN82
* * G.P.S
- Sat- Nav * *
If you are using a sat-nav and traveling north from Dublin, please set your location to Greenore ( coordinates 54 11270 -6 841 63 ) and approx 1 mile from Greenore turn left along the R176 to Carlingford / R173 Omeath / Newry Road. Cottage coordinates 54 44155 - 6 1453.73. This road will take you along the coast
and is a much safer road than the mountain road.
Remember the cottage is on the coast road(R173) 3.2 miles from Carlingford and .8 of a mile to the crossroads at Omeath.
Directions from Dublin (85km)
Drive North on the M1 towards Belfast
Please note there is a Toll charge of euro 1.90 so have some coins with you.
- Take exit 18 for Dundalk north/Greenore/Carlingford and follow the signs to Carlingford R175.
- Continue for 14km and take the left turn for Carlingford on the R176
- Pass through Carlingford traveling along the R173 heading towards Omeath.
- Travel approx 5Km , At the foot of each road going into the mountain is a sign with a number.
- When you pass over a speed bumb or see lane sign number L7056, you have arrived.
Directions from Belfast (74 km)
- To get to the Newry Canal with G.P.S. pop in post code BT35 8AA
- Drive South on the M1 towards Dublin
- Take the Warrenpoint / Newry exit and drive into Newry.
- Follow the Warrenpoint sign through Newry,
- The Warrenpoint road is on one side of the canal and the Omeath / Carlingford road is on the other side of the canal, so
- look out for The Quays shopping centre and take a left on to the Albert Basin and travel along the canal road heading towards Omeath.
- Drive through Omeath along the shore road towards Carlingford and approx 1.3 Km from the cross roads in Omeath you will find the cottage.
- At the foot of each road going into the mountain is a sign with a number, when you see sign number L7056, stop, you have arrived.